July 19, 2012

Beginning of a Journey

  I ask you to pray with me over the next few weeks. 
It won't be long before I head out with a group from my church to Northwest Haiti to do some mission work with Northwest Haiti Christian Mission and Help Heal Haiti

I'm going to be honest, I've been so busy this summer I haven't been able to think much about it, but as I started preparing more this week, I realized I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be.

I'm scared

My mind can't help but think of all the worst-case scenarios of what could happen. My perfectionist personality wants to be prepared for every possible scenario. But I don't think I could ever prepare myself for all I will encounter and see. 
And that's scary. 
I know it will be a culture shock to my cushy lifestyle, and truthfully

I'm afraid my heart can't handle all I'm about to 
see and feel.

 
But as I'm wrapped up in all my own self-centered feelings, I come across these pictures this morning

I can't wait to hug on, play with, pray over & love the sweet faces I'll encounter



 I can't wait to learn about what I lack and they behold from faces like this

When I look at faces like these it becomes more real.
It becomes more exciting. 
All those scary things that I fear become much smaller, and the God I love and serve, and who is the source of all of our hope appears much, much bigger.


"For the Lord your God is living among you. 
He is a mighty Savior. 
He will take delight in you with gladness. 
With his love, he will calm all your fears. 
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs." 
Zephaniah 3:17

Hanging out with Casey today

2 comments:

  1. Those are some powerful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    New follower from Wiegands. Love for you to stop by and return the follow.

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments!