August 29, 2011

Pinterest To Do List

Call off the search parties, I'm not missing, I've just been really, really busy.   :)
With my crazy schedule, and all the orders I'm behind on, (If you ordered anything, I'm getting them done this week!) I haven't gotten to do much crafting lately.

I have a number of projects I've been wanting to do, as Pinterest inspired me so. So I thought I would share with you some of the projects I'm wanting to tackle in the next few weeks! They are in no particular order, I'll work on them as I feel like it. :)

I'll start off simple:

I recently got a new phone, but I have yet to find a cover I like that is a reasonable price (really $40 for a phone cover?) I'm too cheap for that. So I was so excited to find this tip on Pinterest! It's just a clear phone cover, with different patterns of scrapbook paper placed inside! I am definitely going to try this one!

 This next one, I am hoping to make for our mudroom. I'm kind of particular about taking off our shoes in the house (yeah yeah, start with the hillbilly/Kentucky jokes) :) but really it's just more comfortable, saves the carpet, saves me from having to vacuum every single day, and I can't imagine lounging on a floor that has the nasty stuff from the bottom of our shoes. BLECH!

On any given day, this is what our mudroom looks like:
They are an ugly eye sore, and I get tired of tripping over them in the doorway.

So, I want to make this shoe rack. It's a lot less cumbersome than most store bought shoe storage solutions. Plus, it keeps them up off the floor so I don't have to move them when I vacuum, and when you run out of room on the shelf, you just put some in the closet!

For the next few project ideas, they aren't for me (no announcements here), but for gifts! I have about half a dozen friends who are expecting this fall, all with baby girls! I like to give practical, but also memorable gifts, so something handmade is perfect for that. I love the idea of adding a little something cute to a (much needed for any baby) onesie.



I also want to try my hand and making this beautiful pinafore for my dear friend's little one:

The last two are for me to enjoy. I've been wanting to try my hand at jewelry making. I've made a few pieces from fabric, but have wanted to branch out. Little by little, I've been collecting the materials I need, and the ideas I like. I think I'm going to give this a try:
Think I'm biting off more than I can chew? Do any of you have any jewelry making tips you want to share? I'd love to hear them!

And lastly, I thought this would be a really simple, but beautiful way to bring a little bit of autumn into the house. Plus, it is a great way to use up some of the thousands many candles I still have from our wedding......6 years ago. (Ok, I might be a pack-rat)


I can't wait to get started on these! I'll let you know as I finish these projects, and post tutorials on some of the harder ones. For now, I better get to some of those orders. Oh yeah, and I'm still working on this horrid looming project. More on that later.

Love,

1 comment:




  1. top interior designers in bangalore= India's finest decorative arts for luxury home furniture and interiors. Our collection is custom created for you by our experts. we have a tendency to bring the world's best to our doorstep. welfurn is leading Interior design company that gives exquisite styles excellence in producing and Quality standards. will give door-step delivery and can complete the installation at your home.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments!